1. We will be rebuilding the search index today, so searches may be a bit limited for about 30 minutes this afternoon, while the index is built back up. Thanks for your patience!

adding a 2x12

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Jgrabs07, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Jgrabs07

Jgrabs07

Im running a svt 3 pro with a 4x10 he thinking of adding a 2x12 and take out the 15 I have now. Would the 2x12 pull more power away from the 410 or would it be a little more equal than the 410. 15 setup. Another 410he is a bit out of reach money wise rite now. I got a line on a cheap used avatar 212
  2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Save more, go with the second 410.
  3. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Don't just TalkBass - PlayBass! Supporting Member

...and, make it the same brand and model as the one you already have.
  4. wcriley

wcriley

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    It won't "pull more power away", but depending on the impedence of the cabs in question it could receive more or less power.
  5. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

you "should" get the matching 4x10, but (assuming it's even the right impedance to work with your gear) if this 2x12 is any good it might be a little better match for your existing 4x10 than the 1x15 is. not great, but maybe a little better.

the question becomes whether spending a little cash now to get maybe a little better setup is as smart as using what you have and holding out 'til you can score the ideal cab. i gotta think the 4x10 on 1x15 is at least loud enough to gig with for now, right?

of course you might hear that 2x12 and decide you like it better than either cab you have now, in which case you should get it and use it with one of your cabs until you can get a second one and ditch everything else.
  6. kurosawa

kurosawa Supporting Member

See if you can try it before you buy it. I personally can't live with the sound of a diagonal 212. Gotta be vertical for me. I don't have a technical explanation, just my ears.
  7. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd

+1