1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Adding LED to pre-amp circuit?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Al Heeley, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Al Heeley

Al Heeley

Any electronics guys here able to advise? I want to add a little LED to a pre-amp circuit so it comes on when the jack plug is inserted. Is this basically all I have to do?
    [​IMG]
  2. PilbaraBass

PilbaraBass

that won't work...you're connecting hard ground to switch ground...

what you want to do is connect the hot (battery +) to the switched ground (move the resistor lead from the black wire to the red wire on the battery plug)...that way when you plug in the lead, you turn on the LED/resistor circuit in parallel with the preamp...
  3. Al Heeley

Al Heeley

OK, many thanks! So this should do it?:
    [​IMG]
  4. joeyl

joeyl Supporting Member

5. Al Heeley

Al Heeley

"...specifically designed for use with pickups and electronics from EMG, Bartolini, Seymour Duncan and others that use 9 volt batteries. "
    Will it work with a standard (not active) bass humbucker?/9V powered pre-amp? I guess it would...
  6. joeyl

joeyl Supporting Member

yeah It should work. Their website confirms it. The wording on guitar electronics is just wrong, I guess