1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Advice for a new powered PA system!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by line6bassist, Nov 11, 2012.

1. line6bassist

line6bassist Supporting Member

Ok so im in the market for a new PA system.I do Perfer a compact system since its only me doing the setup. My band plays at medium to large venues and i already have a powered 18" sub,mixer,cables and mics. Im just looking for tops and monitors. Any advice will help!!!
  2. carlos840

carlos840

These speakers are the best i have used when it comes to smallish user friendly speakers!
    (by that i mean speakers that are small enough and light enough to move without a team of roadies, but still be loud enough while sounding good!)

The K12 are really great for tops and a pair of K10 does wonders for monitors.

http://www.qscaudio.com/products/speakers/K_Series/
  3. line6bassist

yeah i really want some k-12's...but just a little out of my price range..heard anything about the EV LIVE series?
  4. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

All off topic speakers smell bad. Try Live Sound forum.
  5. kanonfodr

kanonfodr Supporting Member

You can find some hellacious deals on the SRM450v1 Powered Cabs on ebay, those are really good speakers (nice and light, too!!)

Peace,
    Greg
  6. MysticMichael

MysticMichael Hip No Ties Supporting Member

What makes "Off Topic" a better forum for this topic than is "Live Sound"? :confused:

I just don't get it... :rollno:

MM
  7. modulusman

modulusman

What sub are you using?
  8. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    And what's your budget?
  9. Big_Daws

Big_Daws

i have heard them at a trade show, and they surprised the hell outta me...they sounded great. the only question mark i have is reliability. EV doesn't havbe a strong record in their "cheaper" equipment, in the higher end stuff its phenomenal. but the LIVEx series looks pretty promising and at a great price.
  10. MNAirHead

MNAirHead

I've never had a reliability issue --- would buy again
  11. jonas_24112

jonas_24112

Mackie 450's or Thump 15's for mains. Thump 12's for monitors. My band has been using them for over a year and no problems. Good price point and MF runs restocks on Stupid Deal of The Day quite often.
  12. MNAirHead

MNAirHead

I'm testing the Alto 10s for monitors right now... currently "good enough" to get the job done.
  13. line6bassist

im using a harbinger powered sub
  14. line6bassist

yeah i tried the alto stuff today at GC....pretty nice sounding stuff :)