Advice needed- On/Off Footswitch

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Awesome Sauce, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce

I'm a bedroom player and stay-at-home dad who occasionally gets breaks in the day to practice/play. I run an Ampeg B100-R, which has a simple flip switch on the top. What I'd like to do, and am perfectly capable of doing so, is build a simple On/Off stompbox for those inevitable "oh ****" moments. That way I could leave that amp's switch permanently to 'On' and control it with the footswitch- basically like a light switch for an outlet in your house.

My question for the amp gurus: will this hurt the amp in anyway? I'm not one to presume that just because it works w/ a lamp...:smug:

Thanks in advance all,

Rob
    :bassist:
  2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

It will not damage your amp. I fail, however, see the point of the exercise.

You can buy such switches ready made from something like Home Depot. Don't look at the ones using electronics but the simple switch types.
  3. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce

Thank you, Paul, for the response.

AFA building my own, what can I say? I like to tinker. For some DIY is about saving money, for others it's the futzing, fiddling, and working w/ their hands; I like to solve problems. :)

But I'll check out the BBS's to see what they want for a switch- thanks for the heads up. :)

Rob
    :bassist: