advice on bass covers

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by jeffreyjrj, Dec 9, 2012.

1. jeffreyjrj

jeffreyjrj

Hey guys, i recently decided to start making a few bass covers of songs that i have enjoyed listening to. i have started using recording software etc. for a couple days so I'm still fairly new to the process. I was hoping you guys would be able to give me some advice on what i could do to improve the covers.
    (also feel free to give me constructive criticism on my technique)

I was a little drunk yesterday when i was making these so I know the songs aren't perfect, I started getting nervous and forgetting parts while i was recording.

2. phox

phox

When playing the actual song while doing a cover, I would boost the volume of what you're playing so that you stand out more. If you're by yourself, you can leave your volume like normal. In the first video it's not easy to pick out your sound.

3. jeffreyjrj

jeffreyjrj

thinks for the advice i went back to check the videos again, and i plugged in my cheaper work headphones rather than my recording headphones and the bass recording could use a boost on both of them especially the first one. i appreciate the feedback.

if anyone else has anything else to contribute i would delighted to hear your opinions.

4. oniman7

oniman7

I would start by not recording while drunk :p

If you feel something is less than perfect, it only takes a couple minutes to try again. Some guys will record audio first and then record video. I think this is sort of cheating, but it's an optoin some people like.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ntenny

ntenny

Let's not descend into crazy talk, now. :)

-NT