1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Advice on MiA 2012

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by renegade1991, Jan 8, 2014.

1. renegade1991

renegade1991

Can amyone give me opinion. I want to order mia 2012 rw 3csb over the internet. Is there anything that can possibly go wrong with this basses, something that i should be carefull about since i will not try it before ordering. I tried several models but in other finish, and the tone of every single one was kind of different (maybe due to diferent setup), but one thing i know for sure that neck fits me perfect. Has anyone had any problems with mia 2012? Thanks.

2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

You're talking Fender right? A Precision or Jazz bass? Most of their USA models are fine from bass to bass.
    Are you ordering from a Sweetwater/Sam Ash type online store? Or, is it from an individual?

If buying new from a retailer, condition should be minty fresh. If an online individual seller, condition may not be minty.

The last new Fender I ordered was a 2010 Precision 5. I love & play it as much as possible. Great instrument.

3. renegade1991

renegade1991

I`m into J-Bass, and ordering via local dealer store, so its going to be new one...

4. renegade1991

renegade1991

I, accepted risk and placed order, hope everything will be ok... :D

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. rogerb

rogerb

Don't sweat it. Should be fine. I ordered my 2010 on-line and it was fine. I've tried a few 2012's in a shop and they sound great too. I doubt there would be much difference between various 2012's sound wise, a little tweak of those knobs make quite a difference.

7. StuartV

StuartV Out of GAS!! Supporting Member

Just check it out THOROUGHLY in the store BEFORE you accept delivery and make any final payment that may be due. Give yourself plenty of time to play with it and get it set up at the store before you pay (if there's any payment due) and leave with it.

Problems are rare, but they do occur every now and then. Best to find them while the bass still belongs to the dealer and you can simply refuse to accept delivery.

8. pedroims

pedroims

You should be fine, the only thing that you may dislike is the weight but this is only if you have a weight limit policy :)

9. Wally Malone

Wally Malone

Disclosures:
    AFM International Representative
    I have a 2012 American Jazz Standard and love it. There is a difference from the 2010 model mentioned above as the 2012 has the Custom Shop 60's pickups.

Wally

10. rogerb

rogerb

That was good advice. A really good visual check to see if something is wrong, like a drop during shipping, it should be pretty obvious, cracked finish or a knock, or a tuning peg that is wonky, something obvious. The nut has a piece broken off. Check the case while you're at it too. Play up and down the whole fretboard in case some excessive buzzing or problem. Check that the electronics work. All very unlikely but it can happen.