1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Advice on new lightweight combo.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by milkman-27, Feb 6, 2014.

1. milkman-27

milkman-27

I am needing a new combo amp that is suitable for playing in church. I am wanting something light but loud enough for the size room that we will be playing. I have narrowed it down to a Carvin MB15 or the TC Electronics BG250. Both are in the price range that I want, have the volume that I want , and about the weight that I want. I don't use effects much for anything but playing around with(this will also become my practice amp at home replacing my Rumble 15). JUst looking for some point of views on either amp.

2. jnewmark

jnewmark Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Play guitar.
    Why not try using the search engine here on TB ? There are a couple of big threads already on both of these combos. Just a heads up.

3. wisconsindead

wisconsindead

I like my BG250 115. Though its my first bass amp. Its loud for sure and I like the tubedrive feature. Wish it had side handles to make it a less awkward carry. Overall Im pleased with my purchase ($250). Thats about all I can say.

4. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad