Advice on replacing speakers?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by madmartyr17, Dec 25, 2013.

1. madmartyr17

madmartyr17

I have a Crate 2x10, 1x18 cab that I bought with the 18 inch disconnected and a 10 blown. Do you guys have any advice on repairing it? Are there any specific qualities I need to look for in new speakers? Any diagrams that could help me figure out and rewire the 18? Please?

Thanks guys!
  2. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Get the same speakers that came in it.

How are you looking to rewire the 1X18? There aren't too many options for wiring a single speaker.
  3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Doubt he'll find the same speakers since Crate's been discontinued for a few years. Don't know how to wire the 18" but what impedance are the two 10"s? You could get the broken one reconed, but it might be more cost effective to get something else.
  4. madmartyr17

madmartyr17

I honestly have no idea what the impedences are. I literally have no idea what I'm doing with this...

And the 18 is in the enclosure with the 2 10's. I'd really like to get it replaced with something because it is a nice sounding cab. I'd like to be able to get the 18 wired back up so I can get output from it. Right now it's just dead weight. I use a lot of bass in my tone, so I would really like to have the 18 for the low end...