1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Advice welcomed

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by 1973Bassman, Aug 8, 2013.

1. 1973Bassman

1973Bassman

Ok so I am new to this...just joined and this is my very first posting So......:help:

I just bought a Fender 1970's vintage series Jazz bass, and I am looking to upgrade and custom this bass. I have found a BA III and I am looking to change the Machine Heads....reading some old threads I see that Hipshot Ultralights are what most recommend, but what I want to know is will I need a 1/2 or 3/4 bushing. I don't have the bass as of yet as it is on order, but the store I bough it from said they would change the machine heads and bridge free of charge if I get them before they do my set up.

Ps if anyone is interested I am looking to sell a Ibanez Sr300, you can email me.
  2. 96tbird

96tbird Supporter Supporting Member

You want the big ones. A Fender jazz don't use the silly little bitty tuners. ;)