AER Amp One Bass 200 Watt Combo Amp

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Lauralena, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Lauralena

Lauralena

I've been looking for a portable (small, lightweight) high-fidelity combo amp and have been eyeballing the AER Amp One Bass 200 Watt Combo Amp.

Does anyone own one or have had any experience with these (good or bad)?

Also, I'm open to other suggestions that fit the specs. However, it must be at least 150 watts.

It's for small-club gigs.

Thanks in advance!

2. jnewmark

jnewmark Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Play guitar.
  3. Lauralena

Lauralena

I just played one this afternoon for an hour. I can't say enough good things about it. The 200 watts are the purest I've ever heard. The drawback: The price ($1,600 new). One day I hope to be able to afford one. In the meantime, I just bought a used Markbass Mini CMD 121P (300 watts) from a friend at a super price. This'll be able to cover small to midsize gigs with ease.

4. htbgen

htbgen

I bought a Amp One around 5 years ago - I can't say enough good things about it. I wanted something small and light for rehearsals and stuff that would still be able to cover small gigs. I ended up selling my B15-R 'cos the little AER pretty much made it redundant...a great big warm smooth vintage sound. At the time I bought the AER my main set-up was a Epifani UL502 / Bergantino NV215...I still have this rig but have to say I've not used it in a while. Having said that, if you are on a bigger stage, and don't have PA support, then the AER would struggle in a loud situation. Hope this helps.

5. Register to disable this ad