Aerodyne Neck on MIM Jazz body??

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by PBassTX, Jan 14, 2013.

1. PBassTX

PBassTX

Can anyone think of a reason why this wouldn't work? Also, I thought I read somewhere that the Aerodyne actually used a different sized tuning head... any truth to that, or can I use the tuning machines off of the MIM Jazz Neck that's on it now?

Thanks for the help...
  2. 4Banger4

4Banger4

Do you just have a spare Areodyne neck laying around you're wanting to put on a MIM?

Just curious if you're disassembling an Areodyne to put the neck on your MIM. I have both a Areodyne Jazz and a MIM but have no idea if they'll fit or the machines are different. Sorry
  3. PBassTX

PBassTX

no actually I have a black fretless MIM Jazz that I am converting to a fretted Jazz. I like the way the aerodyne neck looks with no fret markers and black headstock.
  4. PBassTX

PBassTX

oh...and I do have an aerodyne as well....I love it... It's my workhorse...
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 4Banger4

4Banger4

7. PBassTX

PBassTX

it looks exactly like what I am looking for.....the only problem is, I already have everything I need to build one, I just wanted to get confirmation that it was going to work prior to disassembling the MIM fretless Jazz...
  8. mattbass6945

mattbass6945

hey!!! another ftw guy! i have nothing useful to say, just realized we lived in the same general area.
  9. johnson79

johnson79

10. lavmonga

lavmonga Supporting Member

I have an Aerodyne neck on an American body and an American neck on a Mexican body. So based on that, they should all be the same size. The bushings/holes on the Aerodyne are indeed smaller.
  11. PBassTX

PBassTX

thanks J79...I just ordered those tuners. I also ordered a black hipshot bridge and black control plate. I guess it would have cost just about the same if I'd just got the Squire Deluxe IV, but I havent been as lucky as most people with the quality on Squire basses. I know it's there because I've played some really nice Squire basses, but it just hasnt been either of the two I've bought. I really wanted them to work, but just couldn't get there.
  12. PBassTX

PBassTX

hey Matt, I'm actually closer to Keller. I keep following the DFW GTG thread for almost a year and they keep talking about it, but nothing ever comes of it....maybe one day it will actually happen.
  13. mattbass6945

mattbass6945

i'm in sw ftw. i haven't followed it. i'll start lookin' into it!