1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Affordable quality refinishing referals needed

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by rogerbmiller, Dec 6, 2012.

1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Hi fellow TBers.

i am considering getting a refin to one of my Warwicks. It is an older trans finish model from the 90s and thus replete with finish blemishes.

Can anyone recommend some refinishers who are relatively inexpensive and do good work? Location is not important as I plan to ship this out-- NYC area labor is too expensive!

Thanks.

RBM

2. rogerbmiller

Anyone know who does good refins??

3. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

I don't know a ton, but I remember trying to find that answer a while back and I concluded it's not possible. A good job is a very slow, time-consuming, very detail-oriented thing, and as such the just don't come cheap. "Inexpensive" probably means you're stuck with an amateur or hobbyist -- someone who's getting as much from the experience. I think 250-300 is a reputable job -- but it's been a while since I checked. What do you consider "relatively inexpensive"?

4. rogerbmiller

Fair question. I think $300 all in would be ideal. Less would be even better but naturally I want to balance quality with value. Thanks.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Shadi

Shadi Supporting Member

Pat Wilkins