after a sound

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by GazzaE, Dec 1, 2013.

1. GazzaE

GazzaE

Hey, not sure if this is the correct place to post this, sorry if it isnt.

i have been playing bass on and off for a while but just started getting back into it, and have a tone i would like to try and replicate.

http://youtu.be/JzL4h1qveLU?t=45s

the sound at the verses and solo, what would be the best way to get something like that?? they have a big bottom bass sound, but also has a really nice mid/treble twang(dunno how else to describe it) to it that i love)

cheers
  2. basscooker

basscooker

Disclosures:
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    Are you trying to get there for on recordings or for live sound? If you're trying for a certain tone with recordings, I've found it's better to record a fatter, mostly every-band-boosted and too frownie-face type tone. You can eq select frequencies later, but not so easily boost them if they were cut when you recorded them. With live sound, the mix is always the priority over tone, but realistically speaking, a lot of the time, what sounds good alone won't sit well in the mix. You may get more specific answers and rec's in the amps or even recording sections.

I went ahead and took a bit of a listen, but i'm on a laptop with junk speakers. Sounds to me like Ampeg svt or GK 400/800rb style, maybe a smidge of chorus, played with a pick. Beyond that, dunno. May or may not be tubes there, but it's definitely got some drive happening.
  3. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa

You're chasing the purple dragon of tone ...
  4. Rick Robins

Rick Robins

A bi amp type set up or a Y chord into 2 different channels or amps or a Stereo output bass like Billy Sheehans Attitude bass.
  5. Register to disable this ad