Aftermarket Stingray preamps

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by birminghambass, Jan 14, 2014.

1. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Anybody tried one and care to report? I know East, Nordstrand, and Duncan make one, not really sure which one to go with. Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. birminghambass

3. joeyl

joeyl Supporting Member

I have the East 2 band and it sounds like the real thing to me, at least when I compare it to the new Stingray classic.

4. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

I have the Seymour Duncan but I've never used it, it came with my SD MM replacement pickup.

I have the SGD 2 band pre currently installed in my SR4. It's set up as the high gain option that he does, and I have no complaints on the hardware. It's a very nice pre, but based on current threads and dealings with SGD I couldn't recommend it.

If I were to get new preamp I'd probably look at the Nordstrand or the East as they seem to have what I like in a MM preamp.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Couvy

Couvy Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses, Source Audio
    I put a Sadowsky preamp in my SBMM Stingray Classic with a Nordstrand and I haven't looked back. I had an East in there before, but I prefer having the ability to easily find "flat".

7. birminghambass

Anybody try the Nordstrand 2 band?