Aged Pearl vs White Pearl on Blk Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Orpheus55, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Orpheus55

Orpheus55 Supporting Member

Trying to decide between an aged pearl or white pearl pickguard for my black 2014 MIM fretless. Had the red tort, but--despite all the love for that combo here--it wasn't working for me. Black pearl is a third option. Looking at Dragonfire guards, so not much risk price-wise. What do you all think?
  2. oboylebass

oboylebass

I'd go with the aged. There's just something inherently cool about it.
  3. Maxdusty

Maxdusty Supporting Member

+1 agree.... also black pearl looks pretty good too.
    Attached some pics that might help to get a better idea. First is a jazz with the aged pearl, next is one with black pearl.

Attached Files:

4. Donavan321

Donavan321

Aged! But, if you're really undecided, maybe try white pearl first, if it doesn't look the way you want, go for aged! Trial and error, I do that with all of my basses, mess with it until it's perfect or broken.....preferably the first choice....perfect. hope this helps!
  5. Maxdusty

Maxdusty Supporting Member

Can't find a pic of a jazz with a white pearl pickguard except this. So if you can imagine this bass with black pickups and compare it to the two pics above, it should give you a good idea which one looks better for you.

Attached Files:

6. Orpheus55

Orpheus55 Supporting Member

Thank you! Very helpful. Both are awesome, but I am leaning to the aged pearl. Appreciate the comparison!