Aguilar AG-4P-60 Precision pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jaymelewis, Jan 20, 2013.

1. jaymelewis

jaymelewis

2. jsbarber

jsbarber Supporting Member

Nice review. I agree with your assessment - they did an excellent job of capturing that pre-CBS P-bass sound. I have a pre-CBS P, but I wanted a P with an A neck so I picked up a used US Lakland Duck Dunn. It came with a neo pickup that I really didn't dig. A bass maker I know recommended the AG 4P-60 so I had one installed. I am very happy with it.

Jim

3. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

Thank you for the great review. The tone of the pick up is impressive and so are your chops.

Have you ever tried Seymour Duncan Antiquity II?
    How do you think they compare?

Last but not least what distortion pedal did you use on pick part of the demo?

Many thanks.

4. Dragan

Dragan

thanx for the re..I am thinking of that pup myself. the stock one in my 77 p is kinda dead. was thinking of rewinding but then, the aguilar (or some other brand...) might be better solution.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. XRYDER

XRYDER Supporting Member

Just got mine today and installled it. Really great old school tone plus low end definition, so far it's my new favorite P Bass pickup -previous favorite was Bill Lawrence (Wilde) which at around $60 is still an economical alternative. My only (slight) peeve with the Aggie is no screws or rubber pads included; if you're paying $110, it's a bit much to have to start scraping around for mounting supplies.....

7. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

+1 All other manufacturers offer supplies. Bad practice to be aiming for greatness and fall short on details.
    Furthermore what's difficult is manufacturing the pickup, adding screws is just a logistical and packaging issue.