1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Aguilar AG 500 Power Problem

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Brad Hanback, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Brad Hanback

Brad Hanback Supporting Member

Having a problem powering my AG 500 at the gig tonight. The amp was powering for a couple of minutes and then shutting down. Now, it won't even power up. The power light is just flashing. Can anyone help?
  2. Brad Hanback

It seems it is in thermal protection mode. I can't get it out of it. It says to power cycle the head. Turning it off and back on doesn't do the trick.
  3. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

You don't have a shorted speaker cable or locked up speaker cone do you? Try powering the head with no cab connected.
  4. B-string

Also try disconnecting and reconnecting the power cord.
  5. Brad Hanback

Thanks for the ideas. I tried another speaker cable and I tried a different GS112 cabinet. I also disconnected the power cord, took out and checked the fuse, and turned it on and off 20 times or so trying to get it to trigger it on.

I love my AG500....hope I can get it going again. I'll call Aguilar on Monday.
  6. B-string

Might also try a different power outlet in case it is a low voltage shut down. Otherwise it's shop time I'm afraid :/