1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Aguilar Agro rackmount...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by manghu67, Sep 29, 2011.

1. manghu67

manghu67 Supporting Member

Just got my hands on one of these courtesy of fellow BT'er SpankyPants...

I was a little trepidacious about dropping $200+ on a single purpose "pedal" since I'm accustomed to sub $100 stomp boxes, but I'm glad that I did, because this thing is AWESOME.

I don't think I've ever had an overdrive that didn't suck out some of my low end. The EQ section and deep switch on this are a gift.

Plugged it in, kicked it on, and it sounded good before I even started messing with settings. And it's versatile, too. I had a hard time settling on just one sound because everything I did sounded great.

A think a DB751 just made it to the top of the wish list - it would be utterly terrifying paired with this unit.
  2. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging! Supporting Member

I have one that I used to use it in the effects loop of my amp when I was playing rock; sounded good.

I'll have to dig it out of mothballs and try it again!
  3. manghu67

manghu67 Supporting Member

Mine is also positioned in the effects loop. Running it in line between my bass and amp causes clipping.
  4. mk197523

mk197523

DB751 is a very inspiring amplifier! I love how simple the control layout of the DB751 is. As soon as I plug into it, the tone is fantastic without touching a thing.