1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Aguilar Announces the AG 4M and AG 5M Music Man-Style Bass Pickup

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Jan 21, 2014.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News & Features Posting Account Gold Supporting Member

New York, NY — Aguilar is pleased to announce the AG 4M and AG 5M humbucking pickups.

The AG 4 and 5M pickups recreate the classic Stingray® tone while adding all of the characteristics that Aguilar pickups are known for – excellent string-to-string balance, consistency of tone and rich harmonic content. These pickups are wired in parallel to give players crisp treble, articulate midrange and thunderous lows. Paired with an onboard preamp, such as Aguilar’s OBP-1, 2 or 3, and bassists’ will have the ultimate in tonal flexibility.

Like all Aguilar pickups, the AG 4 and 5M pickups are wound in Aguilar’s NYC factory. They feature 42-gauge Formvar wire and Alnico V magnets and are a direct replacement for this style of humbucking pickup.

The AG 4M and AG 5M pickups will be available in March 2014. The AG 4M will carry a street price of $109.00 while the AG 5M will street for $119.00.

Aguilar pickups are used by many famous bass players including Justin Meldal-Johnsen (Beck, NIN, and many others), Tony Grey (Hiromi), James Cook (Luke Bryan) and Janek Gwizdala (Mike Stern). For more information, please visit: www.aguilaramp.com.

Attached Files:

2. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly Supporting Member

This is going in my Warmoth P bass stingray.

3. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly Supporting Member

It's March! Are these pups available, or what? :D

4. NICCKK11

NICCKK11

Hi,
    Welcome to this forum site. Here you can find lots of things for your question. I suggest you, you have to ask same to any other expert. I am sorry for not able to answer your question.
    Top Ten classified websites

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. inthevelvet

inthevelvet Supporting Member

Can they be wired passive?

7. thebassbuilder

thebassbuilder

Disclosures:
    guitar builder, Meyers Guitars
    They are passive and available now.

8. Bossquez Nunez

Bossquez Nunez

Any plans to make a replacement for the single coil neck pickup on the Stingray HS? I'd be more inclined to try them if I could get a matching set.