Aguilar DB-112 Cabinet Covers

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by GaryLC, Mar 10, 2014.

1. GaryLC

GaryLC Supporting Member

I just picked up a pair of DB-112's and want to get covers for them. The "standard" covers are meant to slip over them in the playing position, with handle on side. That doesn't seem very convenient for transport, have any of you gotten covers for these cabs to use in the "transport" mode, on side with handle on top?
  2. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

3. GaryLC

GaryLC Supporting Member

4. wolffire99

wolffire99

Lecover is awesome. Also check out getting some peavey metal sliding feet. They will go right into the existing screw holes for the corners and protect the side when in carry mode.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Exploiter8

Exploiter8 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Commercial FREE!
    A BIG THUMBS UP to Cindy and the rest of the fine folks at Custom Amp Covers!

X8
  7. SpinyNorman

SpinyNorman Supporting Member

8. GaryLC

GaryLC Supporting Member

The GS112 is very slightly different in one dimension, I believe. I sent in the dimensions for the DB112, and Cindy got back to me with a quote for both "configurations".
  9. GaryLC

GaryLC Supporting Member

Thanks so much, that was a concern of mine! I didn't want to add rubber feet and ruin the cab, I'll check these out!
  10. Bitterdale

Bitterdale Natural Born Lurker Supporting Member

Adding rubber feet won't ruin the cab if you follow the same advice: Use the existing holes for the corner screws, just use a slightly longer screw than stock to account for the foot.
  11. GaryLC

GaryLC Supporting Member

Great idea, thanks.....I was thinking I'd have to move the rubber feet in some, this is a much better idea. Any idea of good rubber feet that will "sit" against the metal corners well? I know, I can figure it out, just thought I'd see if any of you have already done it.... ;)
  12. Bitterdale

I prefer larger feet such as:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-SOLID-RUBBER-FEET-SET-4-1-5-diam-by-5-8-inch-tall-Penn-Elcom-with-Screws-/271353662983?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2df04e07

But I bet these smaller ones would work equally well:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-4-Penn-Elcom-F1694-Vibration-Dampening-Rubber-Feet-11-16-x-13-32-/300872990863?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Parts_Accessories&hash=item460d6d808f

The corners use #8 screws, I believe 1" length is good for most feet you'll find.
  13. GaryLC

GaryLC Supporting Member

14. GaryLC

GaryLC Supporting Member

One more question, then I'll stop my ranting.....I see that LeCover shows the same cabinet dimensions when ordering either configuration, but when the cabinet is on it's side, there has to be consideration for the rubber feet that are now protruding off one side. I assume that's taken care of.
    When I submitted the form to Cindy at Custom Amp Covers, I added 5/8" for the feet. Unfortunately, it won't be a snug fit....
  15. Bitterdale

I have a pair of the LeCover basic transport fit. Adding the feet did not affect the cover fit, there seems to already be a little extra space built in to the standard measurement to facilitate fitting and removal.
  16. 9mmMike

Ditto. I have two sets of feet on mine now. One set for transport (which double as vertical stackers) and the originals. No problem with the covers.
  17. 9mmMike

Just checked and the covers for my DB112's came from ROQSOLID - www.amplifiercoversonline.com

They make both styles of cover. These are pretty nice but took some time to get here from across the pond. I think they were around 50 clams or so.
    I have them for my AE112's as well.
    They did the Aggy's with red binding and the Bergs in blue which I thought was kinda cool.

I have a LeCover that came with my 410 that is padded. That's nice too.