1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Aguilar DB 115

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Eliot L, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Eliot L

Eliot L

Has anyone here had any experience using this cab with a double bass? I'm looking into getting either a DB 115 or 112. I've tried them both with electric and I really love the 115 but I would like something that I could use for upright as well. I'd mostly be using it with a Tone Hammer 500. I understand the 112 is a lot light and smaller which is ideal in a lot of double bass situations but how does the 115 hold up/sound from anyone's experience here? Thanks!
  2. HeavyJazz77

HeavyJazz77 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I'm allergic to lentils, lima beans and Hip-Hop.
    I've used it with an NS CR4M and it was a bit too woofy for my ear in that application. Was great for finger style electric though. I think you may be happier with a tighter, more projective sound with the 1x12 given your instrument.