1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

aguilar db 8x10 vs db 4x12

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Kmose, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Kmose

Kmose Supporting Member

can anyone comment on sound and preference of these two cabinets with the aguilar 751 head?
  2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

They are both heavier that I would want in a big cab.
  3. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

Bring your head over and try my DB810, if you like.
  4. dukeisdog

dukeisdog Supporting Member

Gotta love TB..

I personally just generally prefer the 4X12 configuration and own a Mesa PH412, though I didn't get to try the 810. I'm super happy with this cab and would LOVE to get my hands on the DB412.
  5. Kmose

Kmose Supporting Member

thanks for the offer Primakurtz…….I think I have an opportunity to back line the 810 coming up. I have help moving my gear so the weight and form factor of my big rig doesn't matter much. I am just curious about the sound and performance of the 4x12 vs the 8x10.
  6. niko_koki

niko_koki

i don`t have neither of the aguilar cab but i have the SVT810E so i would lean to vote on the 810. IMHO 810 would have more focused tone. i would say you have to try both if you could and let your ears decide. probably running them both would compliment each other.

have fun!
  7. Kmose

Kmose Supporting Member

I assume the Aguilar 8x10 sounds a little more "full range" than the sealed Ampeg fridge. Probably more like my Ampeg 6x10?