Aguilar DB112 vs. DB112NT

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by GaryLC, Feb 20, 2014.

1. GaryLC

GaryLC Supporting Member

Folks,

I am picking up a TH500 and two 112 Aggie cabs....I was going to get two DB112s (I love the sound, don't always need the tweeter, but it's useful now & then). Would I be better served getting one DB112 & a DB112NT? I'm wondering if tweeters on both cabs would be redundant, that using it on one of the cabs would be enough.....just looking for opinions!

2. jonathanhughes

jonathanhughes

I have that setup (one DB112 and one DB112NT along with a TH500). I went for that combo for the very same reason you mention — I don't need (or want!) two tweeters, but being able to dial in a bit of one is nice. Plus, the top end on the DB112NT sounds slightly different than the DB112 with the tweeter turned off. So you'll have the advantage flexibility of two SLIGHTLY different sounding cabinets.

I think that combo is the most fantastic sounding rig I've ever owned or played through. Every other rig I've owned, I've always been not totally thrilled about some aspect of the sound. But the TH500/DB112/DB112NT system is, to me, perfection.

3. RS

RS Supporting Member

I'd go with one NT and one regular. I personally can't tell the different between the stanard and NT wit the tweet off.

4. SolarMan

SolarMan Supporting Member

Two NT's sound fantastic - but the 1+1 setup gives you that sound PLUS more.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Pimmsley

Pimmsley

+1. Glad to hear you are enjoying yours too solarman :)

Enjoy your new rig when it lands OP !

7. GaryLC

GaryLC Supporting Member

Thanks, everybody!!! :hyper:

8. johnpbass

johnpbass

Don't have the DBs but I ran a GS112 and GS112NT combination. Same thing applies, the NTs sound good on their own but having the one tweeter gives you a bit more flexibility.
    NT is a bit less costwise too - about $50 or something IIRC.