1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Aguilar DB212's on a Genz Benz Streamliner 900

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by nelsonhays, Dec 11, 2012.

1. nelsonhays

nelsonhays

What do you guys think about this combo? I want a bigger setup for some gigs I play, but most of the time my 1x15 is big enough. I think a single DB212 will work for me most of the time, and I'll stack the second one when needed.

I dream of the DB751, but between the price tag and the weight I'm stuck....

I know the Streamliner 9 is a great sounding head, but I've only played it with an electric, through a couple of 4x10 cabs (Epifani UL2 and Aguilar DB). I have seen a couple threads on it, and how it works best on cabs with a particular tone profile. At least I saw several comments to that effect.

Last question, how does the streamliner sound with an acoustic? I am considering selling my Woods head and going with the DB751 to cover everything.

thanks in advance.
  2. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

This is my main rig. I could not be happier. Never used an acoustic but I'm sure it would sound great.

[​IMG]
  3. nelsonhays

nelsonhays

How do you like the Shuttle series side by side against the Streamliner? I think the Streamliner WHOOPS!
  4. Marty Forrer

Marty Forrer

My Streamliner 600 has much more warmth and punch than my Shuttle had. I'm running it through two Shuttle 112s. Played a loud gig the other day and had the master on 9 o'clock.
  5. Green Lantern

Green Lantern

Great photo, the cabs look great in that color!
  6. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

I have 2 DB12's in black but you know what, the white ones look very cool. I guess I have not seen many of them.
    I bet that sounds nice with the shuttle or streamliner.
    Nice pictures. Nice basses to.
  7. nelsonhays

nelsonhays

Is the tone of the DB112 very similar to the 212?

the white cabs do look great.
  8. wiro

wiro

I run my Streamliner 900 through a Schroeder 1212light which sounds great. Lots of punch in the low-mids.
    It's rated 800 watts and even then I need to be carefull with the volume and bass-eq.

The Aguilar specs mention 'only' 600 watt. So if you go along that path be very carefull...
  9. rust_preacher

rust_preacher Supporting Member

You know you don't want to compromise.

Do this!

[​IMG]

:bassist::bassist::bassist:
  10. nelsonhays

nelsonhays

I like your style rust-preacher :D

When I grow up I want a 412 with a 751, and a full-time roadie....
  11. hennessybass

hennessybass Supporting Member

Great combo.
  12. nelsonhays

nelsonhays

My proposed combo, or that last pic?