Aguilar db410 to replace ampeg svt810

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Bastardmartz, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Bastardmartz

Bastardmartz

I was contemplating selling my ampeg 810 to fund the purchase of the aguilar db410. My only concern is that until I have the funding to purchase a second 410 that my volume would not be enough to keep up with two dimed out 50 watt half stacks. I currently am running and svt cl into the 810. Any help would be appreciated

2. KablesP

KablesP

What's wrong with the 810? Why do you prefer 2 410s?

3. remainthesame

remainthesame

my guess would be because the op wants the aguilar. but a quick google search shows me their 410 is about as much as the ampeg 810 so maybe he needs to save up the money or something in the mean time.

again, this is just a guess

4. KablesP

KablesP

I think 1 410 would be loud enough to keep up with a band, even with cranked rigs. If the gig is that big, there should be PA support anyway.

Just trying to see if you prefer the tone, portability, size, etc of 410s over an 810.

Bergantino makes a very nice 610 cabinet that is probably close to 1 Aguilar 410 in price.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bastardmartz

Bastardmartz

I played an aguilar 410 and experienced a much higher level of clarity all around in my sound that was missing before. Also I Spoke to Mitch from etid and he said that aguilar is much better than ampeg. And I also would prefer the portability of 2 410 cabinets as opposed to one 810. I however did not get a chance to side by side between my ampeg and the aguilar. Also I was not in a position to crank the amp as high as I would in a gig setting. But I've heard aguilar makes much higher quality and more efficient cabinets than ampeg. I just would like to know if anyone had any first hand experience with this.

7. RedMoses

RedMoses Supporting Member

I have a DB212 powered by a Genz-Benz GBE750 (600 watt @ 4ohm) its plenty loud, i generally dont go more than 50% volume on stage, Front of House should pick up the slack in a larger venue.

8. SpectorBass

SpectorBass Supporting Member

I have a DB410 that I use with my DB750, and I've never had that amp's volume up over about a third.

I'm pretty confident that the single 410 will be as loud as the 810e, no problem.

9. DrumsAndBass

DrumsAndBass

After I got rid of my 810e I got 2 GS 210's from Aguilar. I know you're talking about the DB series. I stacked them vertically for the large gigs and got three big benefits: I could hear my bass very well because it's up higher, I could hear myself farther to the left and right on stage with a punchier tone and it was a great Aguilar tone. It did cost me more buying 2 cabs but it was worth it. You did not mention what amp your using.

10. Bastardmartz

Bastardmartz

Sorry I am using an svt cl. I will be switching it with an orange ad200 soon as well

11. StuartV

StuartV Out of GAS!! Supporting Member

Well... How high are you having to turn up your SVT with your 810 rig to keep up?

I have an Aguilar GS410, an Ampeg Heritage 810, and a couple of SVTs. If you're anywhere near northern VA/DC, you're welcome to come over and compare them.

For the same volume setting on the amp, the 410 is not as loud, but the cab will still play effing LOUD. It's hard for me to imagine an SVT + Aguilar 410 that wouldn't be loud enough to keep up with your guitar players. And if it's not, I seriously hope you're wearing ear plugs when you play with them!

12. StuartV

StuartV Out of GAS!! Supporting Member

Ps. The ported 410 sounds great with an SVT, by itself. But in a band mix, with an SVT, I really think a cab with sealed 10s sounds better. As someone else mentioned, the Bergantino NV610 is another example of a cab with sealed pairs of 10s, like the Ampeg 810. I have one of those, too, and recently posted a thread here with sound clips comparing it and the 810, if you want to hear how they compare.

13. Bastardmartz

Bastardmartz

I usually have gain set around 2 o'clock with the master at noon. And why do you prefer the sealed to a ported cabinet in a full band setting?