1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Aguilar DB751 fan noise

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by malcolm.mcintyr, Mar 4, 2014.

1. malcolm.mcintyr

malcolm.mcintyr

Anyone had noise problems from the Aguilar DB 751 fans?
    Mine seem to be quite noisey, even when the amp is not being driven. In a studio obviously, not a gig volume problem.

I don't think the fans are faulty, just noisy.
    My DB751 never gets even slightly warm, so I was considering replacing the fans with the same model only a lower power rating.
    Would this be madness?

2. SpectorBass

SpectorBass Supporting Member

While I don't know about the 751, I have a 750 that had the notoriously loud fans.

I sourced out a pair of fans that had the same air movement specs (in fact, I believe they actually outperform the stock ones in that respect.) but had a much better noise level.

Replacing them was a bit annoying; the soldering part was fine, but the wiring inside it a bit tight. I've had the fans in and running for a year or two now, and haven't had any problems. The amp is a whole lot quieter now, so I'd say it's not madness at all.

Hope this helps.

3. malcolm.mcintyr

malcolm.mcintyr

Many thanks for sharing your experience.
    I will do the same.