Aguilar DB751 w/Berg NV610

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by BearCave, Aug 20, 2013.

1. BearCave

BearCave Supporting Member

So I'm in the middle of putting together a rig that utilizes 6 10's and this combo is one that I keep coming back to that seems very intriguing.

Anyone here have any experience with this combination and/or can speak to the head or cab with what their likes/dislikes were about it?

Your input and opinions are much appreciated!

Thanks!

2. jastacey

jastacey

I don't have the DB751, but I do have aTonehammer 500 and with NV610 it is a nice sounding rig and as a side note,the NV610 sounds good with just about any decent head

3. MingusBass

MingusBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Sweetwater Sound-Sales
    Dude, it sounds amazing. I'm running that exact rig for most of my bigger gigs, but just like jastacey says, the NV610 will sound fantastic with pretty much any decent head.

4. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

I had the DB750 with a Berg NV610 cab for a while. It sounded fantastic, then I flipped the DB750 for an Ampeg SVT-VR and was shocked how much better it sounded. That was about 4 years ago.
    I haven't looked back since, the ampeg/berg combo cured all my amp gas for good.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Kinda similar. I'm using a DB750 with the NV425. Sounds awesome! Vintage-y and not too bad on weight. The only reason, I don't have a 610, just haven't committed to purchasing one. I initially tried the DB750/NV510 combo on a few gigs which put me in that direction.

With berg cabs it's hard to go wrong if you buy them knowing what sound you are looking for.

7. BearCave

Thanks for the comments! I've heard nothing but great things about Berg cabs, and have been wanting to add a 6-10 cab to my arsenal for awhile now. I've read that the NV610 can totally hang with an Ampeg 810 (which I own). I'm really curious to test that theory. :)

I've heard the same thing about Aguilar heads as well, in that they're powerful and have amazing tone. I figured the DB751 paired with the NV610 would be a pretty unstoppable rig.

8. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I have a DB750, and it just slays with the NV610. :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :cool:

9. BearCave

So after talking with my friends over at Bass Central, I now have a Berg NV610 and Aguilar DB751 on order and should be to me shortly. I can't wait to rock this rig and add it to the stable!!

Thanks again everyone for your input!

:bassist:

10. BearCave

Thanks again to everyone for your input. This rig sounds unbelievable! :) ImageUploadedByTalkBass1378582788.950220.jpg

11. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Grats! Enjoy! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :cool: