1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Aguilar gs vs. db series

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by LowEndWooly, Feb 24, 2014.

1. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly Supporting Member

I'll keep this short.

I have a Genz Benz gbe 1200 with a ray 34ca (equipped with the nordstrand mm4.2 pup and Aguilar 3 band preamp) playing through an Aguilar gs 412. It's awesome.

I play from foo fighters style to RHCP to black sabbath to Curtis mayfield.. A fairly wide range.

My only complaint is that it seems like the gs 412 is pretty boomy, giving it a muddy sound that is really hard to dial out, especially at high volume. I'm thinking about going to the db 412 for it's less mid scooped sound and rear port, thinking it'll cut that boominess. Does that make sense or should I stick with the GS and find another solution?
  2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

I prefer the tone of the DB series by a mile. More old school, less modern low end.