1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Aguilar GS410

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Floyd Eye, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye

Guy on my local CL has one for sale for $550. Claims it easily outperforms the Ampeg 810, even though this cab is rated at only 700 watts. Says the front port brings out the bass.

Thoughts?
  2. dmusic148

dmusic148

I'd say it's a stretch. 'Easily out performs?' How? Volume? No way. Tone? Maybe, if you prefer it.
  3. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye

How is the bass response. Do you think $550 is a good price for this cab used?
  4. dmusic148

dmusic148

He's asking for half the price of a new one, so, not bad but depends on condition.
    I've never heard one. I suggest you bring your bass and try it.
  5. jastacey

jastacey Supporting Member

I had a GS210 at one time and it was a nice sounding cabinet, it takes EQ pretty well, I used it with a GS212 to give it the mids that the GS212 lacked
  6. JehuJava

JehuJava I endorse myself Supporting Member

Overpowers is strong word. I bought a used GS410 from Atomic Music in the very early 2000's for $500. Sounded amazing. Eventually, it was bested only by a GS412.

IMO though, an 8x10 paired with an SVT cuts and kills like no other...seriously, like no other...though not entirely my taste for my own sound. There's a reason that combo is legendary. The aggie...classic...awesome...full-bodied, but not legendary.

Does Aguilar still make the GS series? Almost seems like it went the way of the DB pre's. So close to making legendary status.
  7. JehuJava

JehuJava I endorse myself Supporting Member

On and btw...i would go back to a full aggie rig in a heartbeat if I was in a touring band still.