1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Aguilar Mini-Stack - Possibly Dumb Question

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by ETThompson, Jan 6, 2013.

1. ETThompson

ETThompson Supporting Member

Hi

I'm planninng on getting an Aguilar mini-stack, with their Tone Hammer 350 and 2 SL 112s. The TH350 has 1x speakon output (and 1x XLR), the speakers each have 1x speakon and 2x 1/4".

I know people on TB are using this setup, how do you connect the speakers? Is there a specialized speakon cable that can connect all 3? Or are you using speakon to the first speaker and then 1/4"s? Wonder why they didn't put a second speakon on the cabs - aren't those the preferred connectors for newer cabs?

Thanks Eric

2. rodl2005

rodl2005

Daisy chain. Outta amp into cab 1, outta cab 1 into cab 2. :thumbup:

3. ETThompson

But that's my point - you use speakon for the first, and 1/4" for the second? Remember the cab only has one speakon plug...

4. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

I had that setup (well, with a TH500). You can daisy chain the cabs with a quarter inch nuetrik cable.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

With 175 watts max a 1/4 inch jack to the second cab ought to be fine. If it really bothers you, the Traynor TC112 comes with two speakons and costs half as much. :)

7. TXLawDawg

TXLawDawg Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Yep, that's exactly what you do.

8. ETThompson

It doesn't bother me, just curious. Thanks for all the input!