1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Aguilar Mini-Stack - Possibly Dumb Question

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by ETThompson, Jan 6, 2013.

1. ETThompson

ETThompson

Jan 3, 2011
    Hi

I'm planninng on getting an Aguilar mini-stack, with their Tone Hammer 350 and 2 SL 112s. The TH350 has 1x speakon output (and 1x XLR), the speakers each have 1x speakon and 2x 1/4".

I know people on TB are using this setup, how do you connect the speakers? Is there a specialized speakon cable that can connect all 3? Or are you using speakon to the first speaker and then 1/4"s? Wonder why they didn't put a second speakon on the cabs - aren't those the preferred connectors for newer cabs?

Thanks Eric

2. Daisy chain. Outta amp into cab 1, outta cab 1 into cab 2. :thumbup:

3. Sponsored by:

4. ETThompson

ETThompson

Jan 3, 2011
    But that's my point - you use speakon for the first, and 1/4" for the second? Remember the cab only has one speakon plug...

5. I had that setup (well, with a TH500). You can daisy chain the cabs with a quarter inch nuetrik cable.

6. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

May 20, 2008
    With 175 watts max a 1/4 inch jack to the second cab ought to be fine. If it really bothers you, the Traynor TC112 comes with two speakons and costs half as much. :)

7. TXLawDawg

TXLawDawg Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Yep, that's exactly what you do.

8. ETThompson

ETThompson

Jan 3, 2011
    It doesn't bother me, just curious. Thanks for all the input!