Aguilar OBP-1 Question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by michinho, Apr 2, 2014.

1. michinho

michinho Supporting Member

Hi all,

Yesterday I received my Aguilar OBP-1. Just a question on whether i received all the correct parts in the box. Inside there was the device with the wires and two pots (bass and treble?) Is this all they usually come with? Do I have to purchase a separate volume pot, battery clips and output jack?

If so, could you recommend some good ones?

Also I see that the pre-amp require 2x 9v batteries. Would it be better to have to separate clips? or is it possible to buy a double adapter?

Thanks,

Mike
  2. RedLeg

RedLeg Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
    You will need to buy pots. I suppose you could use your existing pots depending on what bass it is.
    Talkbass community will need to know how many controls will you be using (how many holes are you needing to fill)
    OBP-1's can go 9v or 18v.
    Bestbassgear.com has pots allparts.com does too. mouser.com if you are experienced.
  3. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

The volume pot is connected before the preamp, so you could use your stock one, or just go to GC and pick up a 250k or 500k pot new. You will also need a stereo jack. Battery clips can vary greatly from a battery box, to a cavity with some foam in it.
  4. michinho

Does the OBP-1 require 18v to function properly? or can it be run at 9v with no problem at all? and still have a good battery life?
  5. Hopkins

They work fine on 9v. 18v just gives you more headroom.
  6. michinho

Does this apply with the OBP-2 and OBP-3? What about battery life?
  7. Hopkins

Yes they all work fine on 9v. Battery life has never been a problem for me. The battery on my OBP 2 is over a year old
  8. BurningSkies

BurningSkies