Aguilar OBP 3 18 volt to 9 volt conversion question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Swipter, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Swipter

Swipter

I have an old Washburn Force 40 that I installed Delano P an J pups in a while ago. The Aguilar I put in I wired as 18 volt. I lost the paperwork. To convert to 9 volt I think I just cut the red wire that goes to the black side of the other battery connector and connect it to the red wire that comes from the main battery connector and runs to the preamp. The main battery connector has the wire going to the instrument cable plug so the one being removed looks like the splice.

Does this sound right?
  2. CrossleyHunter

CrossleyHunter

Should be wired like so

Attached Files:

3. CrossleyHunter

CrossleyHunter

Sorry I think put up a bartolini preamp, let me grab the right one haha
  4. CrossleyHunter

CrossleyHunter

There you go

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Swipter

Swipter

Thank you. That is what I was thinking. I just could not make that chart out on my computer or iPad.
  7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    What I do when I install Pope Flex Core preamps at 9 volts is take one of the terminals shown below, cut the wires very short and solder the ends together. I put shrink tubing over the joint. Then I just plug that into one of the preamp's battery terminals to short across it. That way, it's a simple matter to revert to 18-volts if the owner wants to.

[​IMG]
  8. Swipter

Swipter

I fixed and found all sort of stuff I had to fix. Fixed it and found a bass I do not like the sound of. The P Delano is okay but the J sounds hollow to me. Neither sound aggressive. I didn't mess with the amp settings too much but I think it is a lost cause. It was just an experiment I did a few years back and let it sit. No loss. The bass body is 33 years old.

Thanks again for the tips