1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Aguilar OBP-3 vs Glockenklang 3 Band Preamp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Daynsish, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Daynsish

Daynsish

Aug 10, 2012
    South London
    Sup TBers, the title pretty much says it haha, Just want to know what sound each gives you, and which you'd recommend.

I like a Jazz tone with a bit more bottom end

2. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am Gold Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    Two totally different animals. The Glockenklang has a mid scoop but pretty tight bass and nice highs, basically a more modern sounding tone whereas the Aguilar is going to be more mid focused nice bass but not as tight sounding as the Glock. The Aguilar will give you a lot more mid grind and cut. Also makes a difference on the pickup your are pairing with either preamp.

3. Sponsored by:

to hide this ad and more.
  4. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    +100!

The Aguilar will have a warmer and definitely more powerful sound. I honestly believe these preamps are meant for different things. If you are a tone fanatic, as far as crystal clear transparency and not so much concerned with big adjustments, then the Glock is for you. This is more of a "boutique" preamp in that it's more about refining the existing sound. However, this doesn't mean it's "better" than the Aguilar. They are just meant for different purposes.