1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Aguilar OBP-3 with sweepable mids

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by suraj, Nov 26, 2013.

1. suraj

suraj

Oct 1, 2008
    Mumbai, India
    Hey,

So for my first bass build I need some help with some electronics knowledge. I want to install an Aguilar OBP-3 with sweepable mids. A few things I am confused about -

1. The Aguilar OBP-3 wiring diagram option #8 states that one needs to use a separate pot that selects the centre frequency of the mids. For this they mention to use a DUAL 500k Linear taper pot.

Isn't this the same as a linear 500k blend pot ? if not, can a blend pot be used (with a different wiring scheme) instead of the special pot aguilar mentions ?

2. Can someone link me to a resource where i can buy such a pot that will have a threaded portion long enough to go through the top of a Bass cavity. (NOT a pick guard mount)

Is this the right pot - ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/500K-OHM-Li...tiometers-B500K-500KB-POT-ALPHA-/260944291487

3. Also, once I achieve this sweep from what they mention as 400hz to 800hz, can I somehow rewire it in a way that will give me a range from 200 or 250hz to 800 hz ? Their schematics show that with use of certain capacitors, one can increase the frequency range, but haven't shown that on the mid sweep pot diagram

Thanks in advance.

2. A dual-ganged pot is not the same as a blend pot. A blend pot is designed in such a way that the sweep is spread out over only one-half of the rotation, on each gang, so that at any given point in the rotation, one gang will always provide a direct connection from its wiper terminal to one side.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement