1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Aguilar - Official 'Tone Hammer 500' 3.8lbs 500w Thread #2

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Akami, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akami

Akami Four on the floor Supporting Member

2. valencia0919

valencia0919 Supporting Member

I really wish Aguilar products had headphone out jack......
  3. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Don't just TalkBass - PlayBass! Supporting Member

There are lots of products out there that do have headphone jacks, but I think Aguilar amps are more intended for gigging. :) Hence, no need for headphones.
  4. MattyH

MattyH

Are these rack mountable? I'm GASing for one but I need to be able to rack it!
  5. pan1k

pan1k Supporting Member

watch some of your vids the other day. good stuff. what cabs were you using?
  6. afroman

afroman

Finally have completed my dream Aguilar rig.
    Still miss my DB750, but this little TH500 gets sooooo close to the sound that it just incredible.

A photo for all to enjoy, and my fav settings so far.
    I'm partial to brunettes, but the photo can say otherwise.:p

Attached Files:

7. Jeff Scott

Thanks! :)

The vids with the Tone Hammer 500 is my LDS 2126, two Eminence 3012LF and one 18Sound 6ND410 mid/high drivers. The Crocker Park vid is the same cabinet driven by my early '70s Princeton Reverb Amp. The Hudson gig is my LDS 286, same mid driver as the other LDS cab but with two Ciare NDC8-3 drivers.
  8. pan1k

pan1k Supporting Member

really? well great stuff. I'm just curious how it holds up against 2 100 watt 4x12 guitar stacks? im considering picking one up next month when i get my scholarship money for school... cuz of course im suppose to spend my money inappropriately lol.

because of my car, im considering either to aggie SL 1x12s or that baer 2x12 is looking spiffy if i do go with the TH. i might eat ramen for 8 months and splurg on the 750 too... who know.
  9. TXLawDawg

TXLawDawg Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

I'm in with my blurry TH500 in the background...:bassist:

[​IMG]
  10. Lex P.

Lex P. You've got it awful loud -Kathy P. Supporting Member

Could use a little help from fellow TH500 users.

I'm wondering if the drive unit on my Tone Hammer 500 is working right. I have everything set flat (straight up) gain at 11 and master at 10 or so. I can vary the drive between all the way counter clockwise and straight up noon and can't tell any difference. Meaning it is clean. If I crank it all the way clockwise it barely has any break up at all. P-Bass with flats if that matters. Operator error or TH500 error?
  11. Jeff Scott

I find that the Gain control needs to be past noon, more in the 2-5 o'clock range, but of course, this will depend on the output of the bass, itself. I can get some nice grind with just the Gain control dimed, and the Drive at minimum. The Drive control does affect the tonality so figure that into the equation, too.
  12. joconnorwi

joconnorwi

yea, i have my gain from noon to 2 o'clock

and the drive IS quite subtle from "0" to noon...it's in there though...

she definitely will get hot under the collar when pushed up!!!
  13. afroman

afroman

I have my Gain at 2 o'clock and use the Drive at 11 o'clock to get a more rounded and warmer tone. I dont get any overdrive unless I really crank either the Gain or Drive knobs.
    The drive circuit is way more subtle than the AGS on the TH pedal. I really like the warmth it adds to my sound in the TH500.
  14. Lex P.

Lex P. You've got it awful loud -Kathy P. Supporting Member

I guess that is what I was comparing it to...way more subdued than the TH peddle.

Thanks for the sugguestions I seem to be finding some grind now. Not as smooth and controlable as my Wren & Cuff Pickle Pie Hella Fuzz.
  15. chazsundance

chazsundance

Just ordered my TH500 and DB112 cab, should be here next week. I'm finally part of the Aguilar Family :hyper:
  16. afroman

afroman

Exact setup i have.
    You're going to love them.

Get ready for GASing for a db112 pair!
  17. Down_Low

Down_Low

Ditto! I don't need a second db112, but I sure am gassing for one!

But you will surely love the rig.
  18. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

If you're ever in DFW, bring those SL's. I would love to hear how they compare to my Baer ML112's. I was going to get a pair of SL112's, but I opted for the Baer cabs instead. I am very happy with the Baer's. It would be nice be to a side-by-side. So far, the ML112 and TH500 is pretty good combo.
  19. TXLawDawg

TXLawDawg Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Certainly! Nothing scheduled that way at the moment but I'd like to hear the Baer's as well. I can tell you that the TH500 and SL112's sound excellent together.
  20. gillento

gillento

Just got a cover/bag by D2Fcovers.com for my TH500.
    So I can put it in either my cable case or my Mono Producer bag, without scracthing the amp.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.