1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Aguilar owners, which cabs do you use?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Green Lantern, Dec 2, 2012.

?

Which cabinet model do you use with your Aguilar amp?

1. GS

22 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. SL

12 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. DB

30 vote(s)
    28.8%
  4. Other brand

40 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. Green Lantern

Green Lantern

I am wondering what cabinet you choose with your Aguilar and why? The GB, SL, DB Series or other brand?

As more of a jazz player who likes the growl sound, I went with the DB series. I also prefer getting cabinets from the same manufacturer as my bass amp. I find they usually sound very good as they were designed to be played together.
  2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

No reason why you can't mix the brand of amps and cabs.

Love my Aguilar with my fEARful.
  3. obimark

obimark

I use a DNA and Bagend cabs mainly with mine. Was always underwhelmed with the GS12. DOn't think it is worth the money at all.
  4. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:
    I use different Bergantino cabs. Sometimes 10s, other times 12s

Rob
  5. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

I loved and used the GS412, until I tried a DB810. Incredible cab with a DB750 amp.
  6. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

I don't have an Aguilar cab to go with my TH500 yet but I'll probably get one of the DB cabs when I do.
  7. jdwinva

jdwinva Supporting Member

I use Bergantino cabs with my Aguilar DB751 and it sounds amazing!
  8. Dogfish

Dogfish Supporting Member

I use a GS 112 & GS 112NT with my TH500. The GS gets a bit of negative press here on TB, but it sounds good to me.
  9. 999Brent

999Brent Supporting Member

10. 999Brent

999Brent Supporting Member

Cool my 9 month old baby posted this while I was no looking, classic as I just purchased a SL112
    Love the tone and it is super light!!!
    Cannot compare to their other cabs as I have not tried them, but I highly recommend the SL112, for me it is a keeper....
  11. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight Supporting Member

Don't forget the S series. There are still people out there using them.
  12. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny Supporting Member

Never really liked the GS cabs I used. Love the Berg cabs I've used. My DB750/NV610 rig kicked major booty, but tone for tone I actually prefer the DB750 with my HT/EX 12 stack.
  13. Fuzz Aldrin

Fuzz Aldrin Supporting Member

I have a DB cab, and I like it because it is more mid-voiced. I've also played through a Bergantino cab and a Mesa Powerhouse, both of which sounded great.
  14. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

The GS410 is my favorite with my DB750, awesome tone and so much punch. I down sized a little, the ~100 lbs was proving too much for my 150 lb frame heheh. I went with a GS212, which is a nice compromise on size. Tone wise, I like the 410 better but the 212 is a close second. I tried a few other cabs before I decide, but I've never played anyone from Berg.

I just picked up an SL112 stack and Tone Hammer 500, but no gig experience with it yet so I will reserve judgement just yet.
  15. Sean Baumann

I agree, I hate the GS112 but the GS212 is a completely different animal.
  16. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    While I'm using all Bergantino AE cabs these days, I use only my GS410 with my DB750. It's a hellacious rig. I don't favor the DB cabs. I prefer the more modern, open sound of the GS.
  17. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

I used the SLs for awhile. Good cabs, but a little too tame for my tastes. I almost exclusively used Genz Benz's Neox 212t's right now, and they sound so incredibly articulate and full in a mix.
  18. sevdog

sevdog

Just wait till your kid gets a hold of your smart phone. I don't know what you do for a living but I have a 20 month old and he sent out mass emails plus event invites to 4 or 5 different client distribution lists plus my entire company that consists of 2 different divisions and about 150 people in 2 cities, both the emails and event invites said something to the effect of "lsdkjgahdlkjahdglkjahflakjdhflajdkhfnvdvcnfjvghaiuh" the jokes from people who don't have kids never get old.

...I use a GS412.
  19. Sean Baumann

+1, I'm not a fan of the DB cabs either.
  20. Green Lantern

Green Lantern

I agree, but you need a store that has both so you can A/B. I find that a challenge. Never heard a fEArful cabinet but I am sure they sound great.
    It would be nice to compare at least 4 different same size cabinets against each other. I only heard the Hartke Hydrive and GK cabinets against the DB series. I heard the GL cabinets several times so I knew their character.