Aguilar owners, which cabs do you use?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Green Lantern, Dec 2, 2012.

?

Which cabinet model do you use with your Aguilar amp?

1. GS

22 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. SL

12 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. DB

30 vote(s)
    28.8%
  4. Other brand

40 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. Green Lantern

Green Lantern

I am wondering what cabinet you choose with your Aguilar and why? The GB, SL, DB Series or other brand?

As more of a jazz player who likes the growl sound, I went with the DB series. I also prefer getting cabinets from the same manufacturer as my bass amp. I find they usually sound very good as they were designed to be played together.
  2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    No reason why you can't mix the brand of amps and cabs.

Love my Aguilar with my fEARful.
  3. obimark

obimark

I use a DNA and Bagend cabs mainly with mine. Was always underwhelmed with the GS12. DOn't think it is worth the money at all.
  4. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

I use different Bergantino cabs. Sometimes 10s, other times 12s

Rob
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

I loved and used the GS412, until I tried a DB810. Incredible cab with a DB750 amp.
  7. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

I don't have an Aguilar cab to go with my TH500 yet but I'll probably get one of the DB cabs when I do.
  8. jdwinva

jdwinva Supporting Member

I use Bergantino cabs with my Aguilar DB751 and it sounds amazing!
  9. Dogfish

Dogfish Supporting Member

I use a GS 112 & GS 112NT with my TH500. The GS gets a bit of negative press here on TB, but it sounds good to me.
  10. 999Brent

999Brent

11. 999Brent

999Brent

Cool my 9 month old baby posted this while I was no looking, classic as I just purchased a SL112
    Love the tone and it is super light!!!
    Cannot compare to their other cabs as I have not tried them, but I highly recommend the SL112, for me it is a keeper....
  12. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight Supporting Member

Don't forget the S series. There are still people out there using them.
  13. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny Supporting Member

Never really liked the GS cabs I used. Love the Berg cabs I've used. My DB750/NV610 rig kicked major booty, but tone for tone I actually prefer the DB750 with my HT/EX 12 stack.
  14. Fuzz Aldrin

Fuzz Aldrin

I have a DB cab, and I like it because it is more mid-voiced. I've also played through a Bergantino cab and a Mesa Powerhouse, both of which sounded great.
  15. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

The GS410 is my favorite with my DB750, awesome tone and so much punch. I down sized a little, the ~100 lbs was proving too much for my 150 lb frame heheh. I went with a GS212, which is a nice compromise on size. Tone wise, I like the 410 better but the 212 is a close second. I tried a few other cabs before I decide, but I've never played anyone from Berg.

I just picked up an SL112 stack and Tone Hammer 500, but no gig experience with it yet so I will reserve judgement just yet.
  16. Sean Baumann

I agree, I hate the GS112 but the GS212 is a completely different animal.
  17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    While I'm using all Bergantino AE cabs these days, I use only my GS410 with my DB750. It's a hellacious rig. I don't favor the DB cabs. I prefer the more modern, open sound of the GS.
  18. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

I used the SLs for awhile. Good cabs, but a little too tame for my tastes. I almost exclusively used Genz Benz's Neox 212t's right now, and they sound so incredibly articulate and full in a mix.
  19. sevdog

sevdog

Just wait till your kid gets a hold of your smart phone. I don't know what you do for a living but I have a 20 month old and he sent out mass emails plus event invites to 4 or 5 different client distribution lists plus my entire company that consists of 2 different divisions and about 150 people in 2 cities, both the emails and event invites said something to the effect of "lsdkjgahdlkjahdglkjahflakjdhflajdkhfnvdvcnfjvghaiuh" the jokes from people who don't have kids never get old.

...I use a GS412.
  20. Sean Baumann

+1, I'm not a fan of the DB cabs either.
  21. Green Lantern

Green Lantern

I agree, but you need a store that has both so you can A/B. I find that a challenge. Never heard a fEArful cabinet but I am sure they sound great.
    It would be nice to compare at least 4 different same size cabinets against each other. I only heard the Hartke Hydrive and GK cabinets against the DB series. I heard the GL cabinets several times so I knew their character.