Aguilar th 350 live volume

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by miniroar, Mar 10, 2014.

1. miniroar

miniroar

I,m currently using an ashdown evo 500 have a swap on for a th350,in live band situation id have the ashdown volume no more than 1 oclock will the th350 have enough juice in the headroom department? Cant afford the th500 before u suggest! Need it for weddings 100 to 300 people recon she will cut it?
  2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Volume is all about the spkr cab- what are you using.(?)
  3. miniroar

miniroar

Sorry forgot the cabs use an ashdown abm 2x10 300watt 8ohm for bigger gigs i add the abm mini 15 300 watt to get the full 4ohm
  4. ole Jason

ole Jason

I use the 350 through an Aguilar 1x12. It is plenty loud unless you need to be super loud without PA support.
  5. Pimmsley

Pimmsley

What cabs ?

Edit: oops, just read your cabs...
    I just used my TH-350 with my 210 + 115 hartke XL's at an outdoor gig and it was very loud... I think you will be fine, it's a very healthy 350w into 4 ohms... but knob positions don't mean much between amps... 😉
  6. musicman666

musicman666 Supporting Member

Depends on the volume of the other band members....In my band that set up would not work. I use 2 115 gk"s stacked or an 810 with a 300 tube or 500 SS amp. I do play against a marshall half stack and a very aggressive drummer. I think the th350 and your cabs would be fine if your band members are more focused on dynamics and less on volume........I would imagine a wedding band doesnt want to contribute to their patrons hearing loss...
  7. jeffbonny

jeffbonny _____________ Gold Supporting Member

For a wedding band playing to 100-300 a TH350 will cut it no problem through most 300w+ 8 ohm cabs.
  8. clockworkcorpse

clockworkcorpse

don't laugh; i've run into a problem with a loud drummer, and my th350 and gs112 wasn't quite doing it. i immediately dug through some old gear and posted stuff looking for a bigger 4ohm cab in trade... the first offer i got was an ampeg 810. i have run the th350 near to flat out for two practices so far and it still blows cool air out the back, and the band is pretty happy with the sound.

it looks silly, though, that tiny little thing on top of an 810...
  9. musicman666

musicman666 Supporting Member

^^^I can believe it, I use a 400 RB with an 810 and that slams.
  10. el murdoque

el murdoque

From what i read, heard and experienced myself, the tonehammers can be driven at full volume without fear, even for longer periods of time. The th500 has a powersection that is used in 800w amps of other brands and afaik the powersection of the 350 is equally oversized. You don't get more watts than 350, but if it's capable of doing a lot more, it runs on full without breaking a sweat, even for longer.
    I use my th500 with 4x12 against two halfstacks and we play loud. My master is at noon.
  11. miniroar

miniroar

Great stuff thanks for the feedback sounds like its a runner!! :) is the di good enough for straight to desk
  12. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Yes!