Aguilar Tone Hammer 350

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by chazsundance, Dec 21, 2011.

1. chazsundance

chazsundance

2. seedokebass

seedokebass Supporting Member

It worked for me.

I figured Aguilar would up the wattage. I really want to try out the TH500, but I would have got one right away if it were like 750-800 watts... just sayin :)
  3. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

I completely agree. However, assuming the 350 is cheaper than the 500 I would bet they sell more of these on price alone than if they had gone with a higher wattage version.
  4. seedokebass

seedokebass Supporting Member

Good point! Now that you mention it, maybe a lower wattage head would be good for me. Thanks for talking me into it :D
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. vin*tone

vin*tone

You know the TH500 has the same power amp as Genz' 900 watt heads?
  7. Limeman

Limeman Supporting Member

It might have the same power amp module (B&O if I'm not mistaken), but the GB Streamliner 900 (not sure about the Shuttle 9.0) is tuned to produce quite a bit more output than the TH500. i know as I've used both and the Streamliner 900 has quite a bit more oomph.
  8. Musicman20

Musicman20

It's all to do with limiting/cooling and how they push the module isn't it?

I'd really like to try the TH500....might have to take a backseat until I see one.

Nice to see Aguilar keeping up with the micro world.
  9. afroman

afroman

Wow, than probably weights 2lbs!

I played my first gig with a TH500 and it was glorious. I agree that it has that DB750 tone without the extreme headroom of course.

I am very very happy with it.
    That 350 would make a lot of sense for budget-minded players and for smaller venues and rehearsals.
  10. Limeman

I think it would have to be quite a bit less expensive to justify, as the TH500 is already a very small weight/form factor amplifier and relatively inexpensive at that. IMO, if the street price was about $350, the TH350 might be an "ok" deal, but for a few hun more, you can get the big-daddy in the Aguilar digital amp family. I'm guessing the TH350 will be made in China, as opposed to NY for the TH500 as well.
  11. Aguilar/Dave B.

Aguilar/Dave B. Aguilar Amplification

Disclosures:
    President: Aguilar Amplification
    Not supposed to displace the Tone Hammer 500. Our goal here is to make sure that everybody has the Aguilar that is the best fit for them. This Tone Hammer is smaller, lighter, and costs less than the Tone Hammer 500. For many players, it will be plenty of power. It is built alongside the 500 and the DB 751 in our New York city shop. Same parts, preamp, etc...smaller power section. This one uses the B&O ASX 125, which many builders use in their 500-600 watt amps.
    Things that are different: EFX loop is gone. Most pedals should be in front of the amp anyway. One speakon only, so you need to daisy chain cabinets. One fan only, which is plenty for this design. 350 watts...continuous....no shutdowns...etc....We expect the street price to be $499. in the USA. Again, built by us in New York.

Hope this helps. We weren't expecting the Premier Guitar ad to publish so soon, so we hadn't done a press release yet!

Happy Holidays to everyone, and a terrific 2012!!!!

Best,
    Dave B.
  12. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Don't just TalkBASS - PlayBASS! Supporting Member

Happy holidays, Dave! :)
  13. Limeman

Hey Dave,

Thanks for clarifying, and glad to see the TH350 will be built in the US rather than in China per my misguided assumption. :bag:

Hope this addition to the TH amp family proves a huge success!

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you and all the folks at Aguilar!
  14. joel the bass player

joel the bass player

Really have to respect Aguilar for making an amp at that price point and have it made in the USA. Would love to check one out someday.
  15. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

+1

Made in North America is meaning more and more to me these days...
  16. Hollow Man

Hollow Man

Hey Dave, cool deal! I'm really impressed with my TH500; I've owned most of the popular micro heads out there, and while I thought that (almost) all of them sounded fine, the TH500 is the one that really knocked my socks off.

Any thoughts of building a higher-output version with roughly the same form factor/weight?
  17. Chef

Chef Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Uhhh....what?

18. afroman

afroman

Haha sorry.
    I meant that it will probably be lighter than the 3.8lbs TH500. Which seems incredible to me.
  19. Deftones

Deftones

looks amazing, 2lbs is impressive
  20. LAG

LAG Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Fan: Green bay Packers
    Great news!

Nice, light, powerful and made in the USA, not from the other side of the world in a communist country.

BTW, i really dig my Tone Hammer pre-amp/DI pedal.
  21. 76Dub

76Dub Guest

350 watts is plenty for me and at that price I will definitely be picking one up