1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Aguilar Tone Hammer 500 vs Ashdown amplification

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Bolobass, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Bolobass

Bolobass

Which do you prefer?
  2. BruceBass3901

BruceBass3901

This is a bit to general to actually get a decent reply...

Are there particular amps or cabs that you wish to compare? Or a particular sound you are trying to achieve?

I am a self confessed Ashdown junkie so would likely choose Ashdown over any other brand as I really enjoy the sound. I have played through a couple of Aguilar amps (the Tone Hammer 350 and the DB 751) and they are good sounding amps, but they weren't my flavour compared to my Ashdown ABM 900 or the CTM 300.

A lot of people on here use Aguilar gear so you should be able to find some decent reviews / opinions on the Tone Hammer 500 and I'm sure a few users will see this thread and throw their $0.02 into the pot!