1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Aguilar Tone Hammer rack mount

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Jaruquin, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Jaruquin

Jaruquin

I was wondering if anyone has rack mounted there Tone Hammer 500?

2. XRYDER

XRYDER Supporting Member

I'd been thinking about this. As you may already know, Aguilar don't make ears for the TH500 (I asked them!). However, based on the dimensions of the TH, I think you could use MarkBass LMII ears. The LM is fractionally wider, but I figured if you use automotive double sided tape (this stuff is really strong) to mount the ears to the sides of the head, this would shim the difference (and avoid drilling theTH) Then make a couple of wood spacers and tape them towards the rear of the head, top and bottom, between either the rack case (if you are using single space) or other rack components. If this sounds feasible but you need more instructions, pm me for a diagram.

3. craig.p

craig.p Supporting Member

4. telecopy

telecopy

I see no reason it wouldn't. Google "clamping rack shelf". Odyssey and Middle Atlantic make them. Plain shelves with a lip to keep stuff from falling, and shelves with adjustable padded clamps. To rack mount items that don't have rack ears. I'm considering a LDS cab with rack mount for my Tone Hammer 500. I know there are those that say that defeats the purpose of a micro-head, but hey, it stores and protects it. Keeps me from putting a beer on it, too.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. meatwad

meatwad

I want to bump this zombie thread to prevent asking the same question, and to see if anyone has actually done this yet.