1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

AguilarDB750+Eden410+Eden115

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by sickranium, Oct 31, 2012.

1. sickranium

sickranium

What are your thoughts about the above combination? Yes? No? Maybe?

I have owned my DB 750 for a few years now and simply love the amp. While searching for (a) new cab(s) I stumbled upon an Eden 410+115 set of cabinets for basically no money. The clue is: there's no way to try them out before buying, so I decided to simply trust Eden's reputation and sealed the deal. If I don't like what I get to hear, I can always sell them and get my money back. ;)
    Oh, by the way: I play a Mike Lull M5V bass!

2. johnpbass

johnpbass

Both of those Eden cabs sound really good IMO. If both are the XLT series, the 410 is a loud cab though and will bury the 115 volume wise if you use them together.

3. Green Lantern

Green Lantern

Just curious why the Augilar DB or GS series speakers does not meet your needs?

4. sickranium

sickranium

Oh, they do, they do! It's my bank account that doesn't meet my needs :D

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Green Lantern

Green Lantern

I forgot Augilar charges so much more.
    You can get a Carvin four 10 cabinet with Neodymium drivers for $499 right now. Aguilar is over $1,000 and they don't have teh Neodymium drivers in a four 10 setup so the weight is about 25 pounds more.

Just wonder how much of a difference the cabinet really makes.

7. murphy

murphy

Well, i hope the drivers are in good condition.
    At worst you could get them reconed and have a like new system for cheaper than new

8. smcgov

smcgov Supporting Member

I would bet you'd raise hell....Eden cabinets are great and severely undervalued. If you are young and still have muscle tone or old and have a handtruck they will work nicely

9. Bassman7PM

Bassman7PM

+1 If you're talking about the D410XLT and D115XLT jump on it. But as Johnpbass said the 410 bury the 115.

10. Quackhead

Quackhead

The D410XLT and that amp together should be enough for almost every gig you will play. If you are playing a large outdoor venue or club and you need to be really loud, you might need another 410, but that's what PAs are for, IMHO.

11. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    IMHO the cabs matter more than the amp or the bass. Also no rules that say you have to match the brand of your amp to the brand of your cabs.

12. daveman50

daveman50 Supporting Member

At the risk of getting flamed, 4x10 and 1x15 is not a great match. Either one is great alone. If you're looking for volume, get two 4x10s.

13. EricF

EricF Habitual User

A lot - even within the same brand.

With my DB750, I've used the DB410, DB210, and DB115 cabs. Each is a variation of a similar flavor. The DB410 is big and punchy with a strong low-mid push. The DB210 is similar, but a little more boxy and not as authoritative (I find it a little lacking in the low end). The DB115 is the most balanced across the spectrum, and is my favorite of the 3 as a stand-alone cab.

The GS-series cabs are voiced very differently (less mid-forward) than the DB-series, and this is still all Aguilar stuff.

14. Green Lantern

Green Lantern

I like the DB series sound better for my taste over the GS series. I am looking at getting the DB212 which is about 20 pounds less than the DB410. Am I correct that the DM115 does not have a tweeter?

15. RDUB

RDUB Supporting Member

Love my Edens with the Aggie. See the sig...

16. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

IME with these cabs this isn't true. The 115 is louder in various frequencies than the 410. With the same power on both, you hear both. The 410 is louder at 1k where they measure sensitivity. I liked the edens with both SWR and ampeg amps, and I hear the 750 as a cross between those 2, so it'll probably sound good. Careful with the deep switch.

17. ChuckTrucks

ChuckTrucks

Aguilar gear qualifies for every sale musicians friend has. You should be able to get a DB cab for the same or less than the Eden.

18. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    If they're for "basically no money," it's not Eden's reputation you need to worry about - it's the seller's. If you get cabs with blown speakers, good luck selling them.

19. johnpbass

johnpbass

Great point!

20. sickranium

sickranium

Nah, they're in perfect condition, that I know;) I'm getting them from a friend who is closing his backline rental business (is that what it's called? Pardon my english...) I would not spend that kind of money if I wasn't 100% positive I could trust the seller! I just needed to make a quick decision, that's why there was no time to try them out....

21. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    In that case, I'd buy them. Of course, you're going to get the "don't mix speaker sizes" crowd (of which I am one) admonishing you on the terrible consequences of doing so, but hey, some attest that it can work. At any rate, the 410 should sound fabulous with the DB750.