1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ahdown crap or wot!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by col2558, Feb 12, 2013.

1. col2558

col2558

Does anybody have problems with Ashdown amps? I have been using 2 Electric Blue 180¡s and both have the same problem, they keep cutting out or partially cutting out and crackling, The controls have been cleaned so that isn’t the problem! I have just got hold of a MAG evo 2 500 and it has less power than the EB180 and the VU meter is constantly in the red, unlike the EB which is always with loads of headroom. Is it me or are Ashdowns crap???
  2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz

3. gavinspoon

gavinspoon

I don't know that model, but my Ashdown had issues with the power amp input (the "return" on the send and return sockets on the back). Try putting a patch lead from the send to the return sockets on the FX loop.
  4. Bisounourse

Bisounourse

+1
  5. fenderhutz

fenderhutz

To clarify why it's you, you are killing the input with too much gain from what it sounds like.
  6. jcpassport1

jcpassport1

my England made Ashdown abm500 has been solid as a rock for 10 yrs.