1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Alberta Bassists

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Dave44, Nov 29, 2012.

1. I'd love to be able to catch some you cats in gig mode on da weekends. Let me know the who what when where's and why's and I'll try to catch a show.

Bulltrout and Frozen J like this.
  2. Is it just the two of us?

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. Not quite AB. I call the BC peace 'British Alberta'. Lol. But do you guys know any top notch amp techs around? My acoustic 370 could use some love.

Bulltrout likes this.
  5. Lol. There is a guy close to the Calgary area, i'll try to dig up his contact info for you! Gimme a bit. Acoustic 370, nice! There was a time i wanted an Acoustic 360 to channel my inner John Paul Jones/Jaco.....just in the process of trying to seal a deal.....my Mesa M6 Carbine and some $$$ for a brand new Traynor YBA 300. Was thinking an SVT, but Traynor is tube sound of my youth back in Nova Scotia.

Bulltrout likes this.
  6. blindrabbit

blindrabbit Supporting Member

No way, there are definitely more Alberta bassists kicking around TB! :)

Bulltrout likes this.
  7. Nice, good to see us representing!!!!!

Bulltrout and blindrabbit like this.
  8. darkblack99

darkblack99 Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Calgary, AB
    'Alberta bassist'? Yes, that's my postal code also. :)

9. Ditto. Edmonton to be precise.

10. blindrabbit

I know @Bulltrout is hiding out there someplace too...

Bulltrout likes this.
  11. Nice! So what are we all playing and playing through these days. I`ll start;

- Fender American Vintage `63 Precision
    - Fender Classic 50`s Series Lacquer Precision
    - Fender American Standard Fretless Jazz
    - 2007 Jet-Glo Rickenbacker 4003

Currently playing through a Traynor YBA 300 all tube powering an Ampeg 4x10, but hopefully soon i`ll be upgrading to either a TC412 or TC810!!!

12. blindrabbit

Sure, I'll play! That ^^^ sounds like a nice rig! Ever tried a TC808 cabinet? I've always thought those things were so incredibly punchy.

Anyway, I've got an ACG Harlot and a 1980 Ric 4001 that I run through my Aguilar TH350 and 2 Traynor TC112 cabinets. Gotta have the Canadian content! ;)

Bulltrout likes this.
  13. Bulltrout

Bulltrout Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Here I am! I've got a gig later this month with a 10-piece funk band playing in a vegan restaurant in Edmonton. Had a great time last time I played there.

I pass through that way sometimes. I could pick it up and take it to Chuck Frank in Edmonton for you if you like.

As for what I'm playing: '87 Pedulla MVP (just put some Chromes on it tonight, love 'em on that bass) and a '15 USA Geddy Lee playing through a Mesa Prodigy and Powerhouse 212. I might change the amp up sometime soon. I've got a hankering for some solid-state action again...

blindrabbit likes this.
  14. blindrabbit

What a cool gig that sounds like! Damn, I wish I was in Edmonton. I'm vegan too, so I could go for the food and the music! :)

winterburn69 and Bulltrout like this.
  15. Bulltrout

Jun 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Alberta
    It's also a yoga studio. Noorish on 109th Street just south of Whyte Ave. The crowd always really gets into it.

blindrabbit likes this.
  16. A ten-piece band in a vegan restaurant? That sounds ambitious. I don't know any vegan restaurants that would have that kind of space available. Huh.

blindrabbit likes this.
  17. Bulltrout

Jun 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Alberta
    I don't either. We end up playing on the dance floor. Always fun to be out playing in a crowd thats dancing.

blindrabbit likes this.
  18. Ahhhh, Noorish. I knew the manager there for a while. My wife used to love the place, but their last menu change took away all the items she likes. Still, where in the heck does the band go? One end is a grocery-like area; the other is the door and a stairway down to the basement.

19. blindrabbit

If you have a gig planned for there again, let me know with some advance notice...that sounds fun enough that it would be worth the trip up to see!

Bulltrout likes this.
  20. Bulltrout

Jun 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Alberta
    I sure will. It'd be great to see you in Edmonton.

blindrabbit likes this.
  21. blindrabbit

Seems like a real lack of venues up there right now. My band has been trying to book an Edmonton show, but to no avail. I'm sure we will get one sometime though. :)