1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Alembic Essence Exploiter Value?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bob Growler, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Bob Growler

Bob Growler

I have been offered a 1996 Alembic Essence Exploiter by a good friend. I am evaluating it now and it plays and sounds fantastic and is in excellent condition. $2,500

My wife will make it my anniversary present IF I AGREE to a 5 year Hiatus from buying/trading/thinking-about another Bass.
    I have 2 German Warwicks (fretless nt thumb & 5 String bo $$ vette) and a 96 MIA Jazz, but won't be scratching that "I want a Modulus" Jones anytime soon if I do this.

Thoughts?
  2. jphilauren

jphilauren

Very nice bass I've never seen an Exploiter with Essence pickups and electronics. I think anywhere in the $2000 to $2600 range is fair, especially since this is unusual.
    Essence basses usually range about $1800 to $2000
    You may want to post a thread on the Alembic Forum for more info
  3. alembicbones

alembicbones

Looks like a fine bass and the price isn't horrible (though not a steal by any means). You don't see many Exploiters with Essence electronics, so that is a plus.

I think the tough thing is the 5 year hiatus. You very well might catch the Alembic bug and need to move around their different models. Maybe you can modify the agreement to only owning one Alembic at a time.

Have fun.
    Bones
  4. Bob Growler

Bob Growler

Thanks Bones, I appreciate the advice. The bass has been babied and has the Original warranty/Instrument Wood Card- yet to be registered. I do not mind giving a friend top dollar for a premium instrument.

I am, however, concerned about the Alembic Bug.
    (My $$ will probably go towards a SC Sig to keep the Spyder Ltd & Series 1 Company) Spread the Disease?
  5. Bob Growler

Bob Growler

I posted this in April. Fantastic Bass. I bought a NS CR4M instead. PM me if you are interested as my friend just bought a Stanley Clarke and was threading to sell it again.

Bob Growler
  6. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Don't just TalkBass - PlayBass! Supporting Member

Bob, PM sent!
  7. chef wong

chef wong

That's alotta bass for $2,500.
  8. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Subscribed....
  9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Five years is a long time. Just lay off the bean burritos so you don't develop GAS.
  10. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Supporting Member

No deal if it were me.