1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Alembic Essence Exploiter Value?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bob Growler, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Bob Growler

Bob Growler

I have been offered a 1996 Alembic Essence Exploiter by a good friend. I am evaluating it now and it plays and sounds fantastic and is in excellent condition. $2,500

My wife will make it my anniversary present IF I AGREE to a 5 year Hiatus from buying/trading/thinking-about another Bass.
    I have 2 German Warwicks (fretless nt thumb & 5 String bo $$ vette) and a 96 MIA Jazz, but won't be scratching that "I want a Modulus" Jones anytime soon if I do this.

Thoughts?

2. jphilauren

jphilauren

Very nice bass I've never seen an Exploiter with Essence pickups and electronics. I think anywhere in the $2000 to $2600 range is fair, especially since this is unusual.
    Essence basses usually range about $1800 to $2000
    You may want to post a thread on the Alembic Forum for more info

3. alembicbones

alembicbones

Looks like a fine bass and the price isn't horrible (though not a steal by any means). You don't see many Exploiters with Essence electronics, so that is a plus.

I think the tough thing is the 5 year hiatus. You very well might catch the Alembic bug and need to move around their different models. Maybe you can modify the agreement to only owning one Alembic at a time.

Have fun.
    Bones

4. Bob Growler

Bob Growler

Thanks Bones, I appreciate the advice. The bass has been babied and has the Original warranty/Instrument Wood Card- yet to be registered. I do not mind giving a friend top dollar for a premium instrument.

I am, however, concerned about the Alembic Bug.
    (My $$ will probably go towards a SC Sig to keep the Spyder Ltd & Series 1 Company) Spread the Disease?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bob Growler

Bob Growler

I posted this in April. Fantastic Bass. I bought a NS CR4M instead. PM me if you are interested as my friend just bought a Stanley Clarke and was threading to sell it again.

Bob Growler

7. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Don't just TalkBASS - PlayBASS! Supporting Member

NEOhio - lightweight but extremely powerful!
  8. chef wong

chef wong Banned

That's alotta bass for $2,500.

9. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Five years is a long time. Just lay off the bean burritos so you don't develop GAS.

11. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 EBMM Nut Supporting Member

No deal if it were me.