Alembic Essence Tone Problem

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by etoncrow, Dec 6, 2012.

1. etoncrow

etoncrow (aka Greg Harman, the curmudgeon with a conundrum) Gold Supporting Member

I had an Alembic Epic 5 as my primary back in the ninties so I know how the Alembic is supposed to sound. I just purchased a 1993 Alembic Essence fretless here on TB. Sounded a bit strange out of the case. I installed new TI Jazz 344 flats; when I went to change out the battery a post terminal broke off with the old battery. Disconnected the battery terminal jack, soldered in a new battery connector and reinstalled with new Duracel 9V. Something is not right. Even at what should be the deepest sounding setting it sounds very trebly and "clanky". Sent an email to Alembic Tech Support yesterday but have yet to receive a reply. Any suggestions or constructive thoughts on a direction are appreciated.

2. etoncrow

etoncrow (aka Greg Harman, the curmudgeon with a conundrum) Gold Supporting Member

3. Vakmere

Vakmere

Send it to Alembic and have them repair it, or thay can recommend a tech in your area. Call them, emails are too slow.

4. etoncrow

Thanks, I'll call tomorrow.

5. Register to disable this ad