1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

Alembic Essence Walnut/Mahogany 5 String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Greg_S, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg_S

Greg_S Gold Supporting Member

SOLD

I am going to be posting a lot of my basses for sale in order to purchase a new motor for my truck. I appreciate you taking a few minutes to take a look at my postings and hope that one of them is what you are looking for.

Here is my Alembic Essence 5 string bass. The walnut top is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. I really don't think that the pictures do this bass justice. In addition it has a matching headstock on both front and back. The wings are mahogany with a beautiful and perfectly straight maple neck. The bass definitely has some weight to it (like most Alembics), however, it doesn't feel "heavy" to me at all. Has a few cymbal dings on the tip of the head stock, but nothing major. You can barely see them in the photos.

From Alembic about this bass:
    "The heart of the Essence's tone is the Alembic low-pass filter, the same tone control we pioneered in 1969 when we first introduced active electronics to the musical world. With this tone control, a range of sounds from deep to bright are available with a simple twist of one knob."
    • Model: Alembic Essence 5 String Walnut Bass
    • Color: Flamed Walnut Grain
    • Body: Mahogany wings with Maple Neck, Flamed Walnut Top (Matching Headstock)
    • Neck: 5-piece Maple with 4 Walnut pinstripes
    • Fretboard: Ebony
    • Pickups: Alembic Humbuckers (Alembic MXY 56)
    • Preamp: Alembic Preamp
    • Controls: Volume, Pan, Filter
    • Hardware: Gold Alembic Hardware
    • Scale: 34"
    • String Spacing: 1.875 in @ Nut / 2.930 in @ Bridge
    • Case: Yes
    • Weight: 10lbs
    [​IMG]

More pictures can be viewed here:

I need to get $2500 for the bass shipped to the CONUS only. Paypal OK, but prefer Dwolla.

Please - no trade offers, I beg you!
    Mike Lull JT5 Bass
    Groove Shoppe 5 String Bass
    Lakland Jerry Scheff 4 String Bass
  2. thomasjbass

thomasjbass Supporting Member

Bump for a bass I had for a bit and a good cat to work with.
  3. justjake

justjake

one of these days........ GLWTS !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.