Alembic Spyder?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassdude15, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Bassdude15

Bassdude15

hey guys!
    I found an Alembic Spyder 4-string online. I like the look and sound of it, but wonder if anyone has had any experience with these, as in, is it worth $5900 plus shipping?

PS: I have always wondered what a Spyder would sound like with TI's:bag:
  2. RickBlair

RickBlair

Well that price seems to be about half of what Bass Central is listing bit IMO no electric bass is worth that much.

Rick B.
  3. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules! Supporting Member

No experience with it. The question is, is it worth it to you? I can't imagine spending that much for an instrument as it is not an option for me. Enjoy if you go for it!
  4. NecroticImbecil

NecroticImbecil

If any bass is worth that much, it's an Alembic. That said, it's a risk to buy any bass without playing it first. Even if all of Talkbass agrees it's the best thing ever, you might not actually like it once you get it.

TI flats? You would probably be the only person in the world to put flats on an Exploiter styled Alembic. Likely sound great, but not most people's choice of string for that bass, or bass for that string.

Might be able to save some coin by looking for Exploiters with your choice of electronics. Should be able to get a Spoiler/Exploiter for $2K or so. Most of those were 32" scale, maple neck/mahogany body, simpler version of the "Q filter" controls. More elaborate models would go up from there.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

I had an Alembic but sold it.

Mine was heavy but the notes would jump off the fret board.

I would never send 6 K for a bass that I didn't play. I won't ship an expensive bass simply because I want a buyer to make sure they're happy.

Q switch is a thing that everyone should offer as an option. I could dial in a Mac tone with the Q control.

While I'm here how difficult is it to add the Q switch to a bass?
  7. adje

adje