Alesis GuitarLink Wireless - anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by NeonVomit, Dec 13, 2013.

1. NeonVomit

NeonVomit

I posted about this in another thread but figured it might be worth starting one on its own. This mysterious little unit is tiny and cheap, digital (so uses wi-fi like the popular Line 6 models) and is super compact.

However I cannot find a single review of it online. I'm really tempted to just grab one and see what it's like as I'm in the market for a new wireless anyway, and while I'm mostly looking at the Line 6 g30 or g50, this one is so much cheaper I'm thinking of just getting it, and if it turns out to be crap, just returning it within the 30 day limit.

Anyone?
  2. NeonVomit

NeonVomit

From the other thread:

Not for me then. Thanks Steve!
  3. cakefist

cakefist

I have recently took the plunge and traded my old NADY VHF wireless system for the Alesis Guitarlink Wireless. Like most people I searched for reviews but with no luck so decided, at the price, that it was a gamble worth taking.

My first impressions are favourable. Its small enough to fit on my pedal board without too much rejigging of effects. The battery life is as good, if not better than my previous unit. I'm getting 2 x 2 hour+ gigs out of a set of AAA alkaline batteries as opposed to 1 gig out of a PP3. I play in a rock covers band and play pubs and clubs. I've not had any trouble with any interference with other devices on the same bandwidth although I would recommend not having a mobile phone in your pocket or next to the unit whilst switched on!

I recently played at a wedding in a decent sized function room and wandered around the room to see if the signal faded, but it was fine.

Overall I would suggest, if like me, you're on a budget and play pubs clubs then this system is a no brainer!
  4. musicman7722

musicman7722 Supporting Member

I just bought two for my guitar players. I will report back.
  5. musicman7722

musicman7722 Supporting Member

Fired them both up in the basement to see how they worked and left them both on to be sure they didn't grab each others frequency. So far very nice. This weekend will be the test. Yes they use AAA batteries so that is another type to carry. I think if they work ok over a few jobs I will get one for my bass and sell my Line 6 G30.
  6. markanini

markanini

Alesis got cack to me about impedance specs
    If true the former is good, the later is terrible.
  7. lsabina

lsabina

Been playing quite a few gigs with it. Works fine. I use rechargeable batteries and am getting about 6 hours of life out of them. The one complaint is that the transmitter is drained quite a bit earlier than the receiver. And when it loses juice, there is absolutely no warning (i.e., no decrease in sound quality, volume, etc.)--just "whap"--gone! And of course when the receiver doesn't have a signal coming in, then there is a terrible sound from the amp. So, I recharge after 4 hours now.
  8. chienmort

chienmort

Range is 60ft or 20M.

It ain't how low you can go but what you do when you get there!
  9. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    I've just never had a good experience with anything from Alesis.

Sent from my iPad using TalkBass