Alfred Hitchcock movies

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by nutso42, Feb 12, 2013.

1. nutso42

nutso42

A theater in my area has been doing two night re-releases of eight Hitchcock movies, one different one every weekend. It's got me re-watching a lot of his other films as well.

So I just wanted to open up a general discussion on Hitchcock and related things... favorite of his movies, any particular things you like or dislike, whatever.
  2. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

I remember seeing North by Northwest for the first time when I was in 3rd grade.

Vertigo is pretty awesome. Rear Window & Psycho, all classics. And I always liked Rope.
  3. nutso42

nutso42

Rear Window is definitely my favorite of his (and 4th favorite movie overall)

After that I'd go for North by Northwest, Rope, Vertigo (Jimmy Stewart fan) and Torn Curtain.
  4. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

vertigo is my fave. great creepy performance by stewart. really excellent in every way.

i enjoy lifeboat. tallulah bankhead! i really like psycho as well. also notorious.
  5. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick Supporting Member

North By Northwest every time. Sheer iconic cinema from the first frame to the last.
  6. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    I am fan...have almost everything on DVD.

Rear Window, Vertigo, North By Northwest, Notorious, Dial M for Murder, ....
  7. nutso42

nutso42

Lifeboat! Isn't that the one written by John Steinbeck?
  8. Exxcell

Exxcell

Old Al and I share a birthday. :)
  9. Atoz

Atoz

Yep.
  10. BassMom88

BassMom88

Loved all of the above mentioned and also one of the later ones, "Frenzy".

We got our daughter hooked on them too. There are quite a few on Netflix (Instant) and we've found a bunch just on cable as well.
    It's fun to play "Spot Hitchcock" as he makes a brief cameo in most, if not all, of his films.

I enjoyed "Hitchcock" about the making of "Psycho" and "The Girl" (on HBO) about the making of "The Birds". Not sure how much truth there was to either, but they were entertaining.

We're also checking out some of the Bette Davis films. "Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte" just arrived on Netflix DVD yesterday. She was in some pretty creepy films!
  11. rtslinger

rtslinger

Okay my favorite was Saboteur great movie must see if for no other reason than the climactic scene on the Statue of Liberty.
  12. stratovani

stratovani

North By Northwest is my personal favorite. Anything with Cary Grant in it! An incredibly handsome man, who had immense acting ability, whether comedy or drama. He even looked fabulous well into old age! They don't make movies like North By Northwest anymore, and they don't make stars like Cary Grant anymore either!