1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Alien Ant Farm tone shaping

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by manchild, Nov 25, 2012.

1. manchild

manchild

Does anyone know roughly which hz to boost/cut to get this guys tone?

I have an ashdown mag and at the moment I boost 100hz up to as much 10db! :p and boost 340hz by almost as much then 1.6hz by about 6db

I find this tends to get me in the ball park - just wondered what anyone else would recommend or suggest, when you listen to that recording.

Cheers for any suggestions :)
  2. Jack

Jack

To me that sounds like a bridge pickup with the mids boosted a fair bit. But hey, maybe I'm wrong.

On another note? You boost 100Hz by 10dB? Dude, boom?
  3. manchild

manchild

Yeah - its actually really punchy like that, any lower than 100Hz would be too boomy :)
  4. manchild

manchild

Anybody got any ideas for the above link?
  5. manchild

manchild

Nobody got an opinion on the above link??? :(